Is it poor form to reschedule an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frank the tank

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

What are your opinions on this? I may need to reschedule an interview that I already secured to make room for a sloppy-seconds offer. Both programs are high on my list. I'm not sure if calling a residency program to reschedule has a negative impact on your application -- whether as an inconvenience to them, a sign of subordinate interest, or just a general suggestion of an unreliable applicant??? (in this case it's definitely not the last two, just a matter of running out of days on the calendar).

Are they pretty cool about applicants shifting around interview dates once more offers pour in, or is it recommended not to bother them with this unless absolutely necessary or for some compelling reason?

Members don't see this ad.

You can totally reschedule...don't worry about it. Myself and many friends did it when we were interviewing. They're used to it, and they know that scheduling is difficult during interview time.

Yes, it's really not a big deal to reschedule. programs are used to students rescheduling/cancelling all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just be polite and extremely apologetic.
All will be well.
MadC