Is it possible to coordinate these interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Drexel and am wondering how easy it would be to call the other Philly schools (Temple, UPenn, Jefferson) to see if they will interview me at the same time. I have not been offered an interview at any of the other schools, but have been complete since October/early November at UPenn and Jefferson and for a couple of weeks at Temple. Is it too early to call (especially for Temple) and ask about my status, and has anyone had any luck with getting their application reviewed by these schools before making travel plans? Also, what do people usually say when they call a school to ask if they are going to be interviewed and if they can schedule it at the same time as another? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Temple may be a little early, but I don't think it would hurt to call and ask. Just call them and be polite. Explain you're going to interview at Drexel and were wondering if you could schedule interviews with them (if granted an interview) to try and save on money. From what I've heard, good luck talking with Jefferson. Make sure to wear your flame-******ant clothing.

When I called Penn (I was going to be in town for Drexel and Temple), they just said "the only thing you can do is send a letter to us and we'll put it in your file." Not too helpful. I didn't bother sending the letter.

I called Upenn to see if they'd offer me an interview while I'm in town for an interview at Jefferson. Tickets to Philly are pricey for me given I'm from California.

Though I asked nicely, the lady on the phone barked at me. "We will notify you by email if you are selected for an interview." My answer to her: "Really? No ****, sherlock." No, I didn't really say that but she was nonetheless very rude about it.