You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is it possible to finish 4-year courses in 3 years?
Started by 2NC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There are 3 yr programs out there; but i believe you give up your summers. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=1700941&postcount=9 Its in FAQ so look there first next time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question might be naive. But just wonder whether I can finish a 4 year PharmD program in 3 years?
My background: I have a PhD in Biochemistry and just got accepted by UNC pharmacy program.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
4 year schools take 4 years and 3 year schools take 3 years.
Yeah you can't get ahead in pharmacy school. The classes all build on each other, so you have to take them in order at a specific time.
Yeah you can't get ahead in pharmacy school. The classes all build on each other, so you have to take them in order at a specific time.
QFT.
Conversely, if you fail a single course (which, I doubt you'd do considering your background), there's a high chance you're stuck until next year due to the lock step nature of pharmacy school.
QFT.
Conversely, if you fail a single course (which, I doubt you'd do considering your background), there's a high chance you're stuck until next year due to the lock step nature of pharmacy school.
👍👍👍 good advice.
This question might be naive. But just wonder whether I can finish a 4 year PharmD program in 3 years?
Nope.
My background: I have a PhD in Biochemistry and just got accepted by UNC pharmacy program.
You'll like second semester biochem at UNC
Go drink a martini or something and ace Biochem while the not too bright students are crying in the bathroom after they fail their exam.My background: I have a PhD in Biochemistry and just got accepted by UNC pharmacy program.
This question might be naive. But just wonder whether I can finish a 4 year PharmD program in 3 years?
My background: I have a PhD in Biochemistry and just got accepted by UNC pharmacy program.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You should have enroll in a 3-yr program. With your educational background, you won't learn much in pharmacy school no matter where you go, except for the clinical part (maybe).
It's not possible because of accredidation issues at 4 yr institutions, I tried even with taking all the courses in the PharmD curriculum I could fininsh in 3.5 years but they can't let me because of ACPE.
You should apply to some three year programs dude.
I am a student at MCPHS in their "accelerated" program, it is 2 years and 10 month at MCPHS which is about standard, you go year round, but you have a month break at xmas and like 3 weeks in May. We do the same stuff as the Boston 4 year campus but we just do those 2 semesters in the summer instead. When I applied last year there were 5 accelerated programs that I was aware of. in the Northeast, there was Albany, Lake Erie and MCPHS. All had advantages and disadvantages, I didn't apply to Albany because you need a B in all your prereqs and I ended up with a B- in a 1 credit Organic lab and they wouldn't take it, even though I had an A in lecture. MCPHS- Manchester was closer to my home in Maine, so I went there. So far no complaints, although like all pharm programs, it is intense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go drink a martini or something and ace Biochem while the not too bright students are crying in the bathroom after they fail their exam.
You could also earn some extra cash tutoring your classmates 🙂
Yeah. There's no shame in profiting off of dummies. Car makers do it all the time! 😆You could also earn some extra cash tutoring your classmates 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 6K