Is it possible to open a pharmacy inside a mall?

usakitsan

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2007
  1. Pharmacy Student
    Hi, everyone

Me and my friends want to open a pharmacy inside a mall which is located in the heart of downtown, Flushing NY. However, there is only one internal doctor across the street. But the rent is very attractive. $5000 per 600sq ft. but not included water and electric bill, and you have to pay extra 13% for the maintenance fee. One of the biggest problem is the store is located at a corner and not noticeable and we need to pay extra money for the advertisement in the parking lot, supermarket and on the street. I don't know if this is a good deal or not. and anyone give me some suggestion especially those own a store.

kvl1027

10+ Year Member
    Jul 11, 2006
    Tampa, FL
    1. Pharmacist
      Hi, everyone

Me and my friends want to open a pharmacy inside a mall which is located in the heart of downtown, Flushing NY. However, there is only one internal doctor across the street. But the rent is very attractive. $5000 per 600sq ft. but not included water and electric bill, and you have to pay extra 13% for the maintenance fee. One of the biggest problem is the store is located at a corner and not noticeable and we need to pay extra money for the advertisement in the parking lot, supermarket and on the street. I don't know if this is a good deal or not. and anyone give me some suggestion especially those own a store.

Overall, sounds like a bad deal. If you are not buying an existing pharmacy with a current customer base you are gonna sink fast at 5k per month rent, especially without Dr's office feeding traffic to your store. 5k for 600 sq ft, is a lot. You can probably find something with more space and a better location for less. Keep in mind that for the most part, you will not start to turn profit for at least 3 years.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.