Is it possible to transfer during PGY-1?

Started by qlin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qlin

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I planned to try to see if I can transfer next year as PGY2 to be close to the family (wife and two kids). Accidently, I found out that there is a PGY1 opening in the local hospital, but the program does not want to take intern who is currently in the residency. I know that I have a binding contract. Is there any way that I will be able to transfer as a PGY1? Any idea where can I find out about the policy?
 
everyone makes you get something from your program granting an ok. I would ask your PD, explain the situation etc. Most of these guys are pretty reasonable.