Is it possible?

Started by intdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

intdoc

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I have a question. I am current student at UCLA. I major in Biology.

I never wanted to become a doctor until my junior year. so obviously, my

GPA was really low. it was about 2.7? around 2.7. After deciding to study

in the medicine field, I started to raise my GPA as high as I can. my gpa now

is around 3.1~3.2.(i'll continue to raise my GPA 😛 )

Is it possible to get into any medical schools with my low GPA?[/B]
 
intdoc said:
Hi! I have a question. I am current student at UCLA. I major in Biology.

I never wanted to become a doctor until my junior year. so obviously, my

GPA was really low. it was about 2.7? around 2.7. After deciding to study

in the medicine field, I started to raise my GPA as high as I can. my gpa now

is around 3.1~3.2.(i'll continue to raise my GPA 😛 )

Is it possible to get into any medical schools with my low GPA?


make sure to include this reason in your application. a 2.7 to 3.2 is a big jump, and i'm sure the application committee will see this.

getting into medschool depends on a lot more than just a high GPA 😉

and remember that, although things can be difficult, anything is possible as long as you have unflailing commitment 🙂

remember my advice after you've become a doctor 😛
 
If becoming a doctor is what you really want to do, then it is possible. Do awesome on the MCATs (>35 if possible), strengthen the rest of your application (research, lots of clinical experience, etc) and apply to lots and lots of schools early. It's totally possible.


intdoc said:
Hi! I have a question. I am current student at UCLA. I major in Biology.

I never wanted to become a doctor until my junior year. so obviously, my

GPA was really low. it was about 2.7? around 2.7. After deciding to study

in the medicine field, I started to raise my GPA as high as I can. my gpa now

is around 3.1~3.2.(i'll continue to raise my GPA 😛 )

Is it possible to get into any medical schools with my low GPA?[/B]
 
There is a practicing physician i know who's GPA was 2.7. Took the MCAT and scored 32 and he had no trouble being accepted into a US school. That was about 10 years ago. But yes, it's proof it can be done.
 
actually u do not need a GPA to become a doctor. My grandmother became a doctor without going to colege let a lone a GPA.











The mral is do not believe anything on this website. The dude whose graet grand father became a doctor with 2.7 is psyching u up.