Is it too early to send transcripts

Started by Deepa100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deepa100

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I plan to take MCAT in April 2008 and start applying to medical schools around the country. I have some down time this summer and planning on going over MSAR to pick schools. If I request transcripts to be sent over to the schools I pick now, will it be too early? Or the schools will keep them in my file till I apply?
Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can start an app on AMCAS with no intention of submitting it, for the purpose of seeing what you'll be in for. I did this last year and it helped me get organized for applying this year.

If you have any intention of applying to Texas schools, the TMDSAS system is quite different, so take a look at it as well.

Best of luck to you.