is it too early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I plan to graduate by 2007 and hopefully get into pharmacy school by FAll 2007, do you think it is too early to take the Jan 06 PCAT? I find that I can take the PCAT in June 06, October 06, and Jan 07.

Members don't see this ad.

shoppe said:
If I plan to graduate by 2007 and hopefully get into pharmacy school by FAll 2007, do you think it is too early to take the Jan 06 PCAT? I find that I can take the PCAT in June 06, October 06, and Jan 07.

Some schools (or most of the ones i know) don't take pcat score more than 1 year old. So I think you should watch the date you take the pcat and the date you apply.

shoppe said:

I wouldn't wait til January '07 to take it, b/c your scores would be coming in after a lot of schools registration deadlines. If I were you I would probably take the June '06 test, and then retake it in October if I had to.

hum... I'll probably take it in June then. Jan. 06 score would be a lil bit too early, according to some people who had advised me. But then, what if i need to take it the 3rd time.. you know?

shoppe said:
hum... I'll probably take it in June then. Jan. 06 score would be a lil bit too early, according to some people who had advised me. But then, what if i need to take it the 3rd time.. you know?
If I were you I will take it on January and then apply early that way your pcat will not expire and also you will have more chance to retake the test. Bing said that, you have to be done with org chemistry one and bio two before taking the test. The way I see it the test is getting harder each year. The sooner you take the test the better. good luck ;)