Is it too late to apply?

Started by MedQuest
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedQuest

Da Truth
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that the earlier you apply the better but i was wondering if i can still apply and have descent chance to get in.
 
Depends on how strong your app is. But given a strong app, I would say, you have a decent chance as long as you apply to enough appropriately chosen schools. Good luck! 🙂
 
If you do decide to apply this year you need to get going now. Get started on the AMCAS and get all of your letters of recommendation going NOW. I requested all of mine in July to seemingly responsible people, and they are still not all in yet.

As soon as you submit AMCAS, work on the secondaries, especially from schools that do not screen. Even do the easy ones. I find it remarkable how the "easy secondaries" are still somewhat time consuming.