Quantcast

Is it too late to interview in March for SUNY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soulstar11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just got an email invitation from Dr.Johnston. I am just wondering if it is worthwhile for me to go down there on march the 10th. It was the only time spot available as of right now.
Dr.Johnston said that there are only few seats available right now so it will be very competitive. What does this mean?
Do you know any SUNY students who got accepted after having an interview in March?
I'm just afraid cuz it's probably the last interview rounds and I'm not sure if my stats are strong enough. science GPA 3.4 and OAT360 and working for optometrists and ophthalmologist setting. What do you guys think ?
I don't wanna waste 600-700bucks for nothing.

asa5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey I interviewed this week and i had applied back in like end of september-early october. They wanted me to take my OAT again and i finally got interview letter january and the only date they had was this week of february.

Your stats are really good, it is late and it will be competitive not only for you but for me too to have been interviewed in feb.
However I guess you should think about whether or not you really want to go to SUNY...and the what ifs....if it is your top choice or the only school you have applied to, well then you don't really have any other option...

Good luck!

Jay12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your stats look pretty promising.....I really don't think that SUNY would have invited you for an interview if they didn't feel you were competitive for the few remaining seats that are available.

600-700 bucks is a lot money, don't get me wrong....but you really don't want that feeling in the back of your mind "What if........" (at least I wouldn't :))

Good luck with your decision...hopefully it all works out :thumbup:

hongdou8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Now ppl interviewing at SUNY are either put on hold (committee can't make a decision) or they are rejected.
Good luck w. your decision

anchan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i say go for it, i interviewed late in the cycle and was eventually accepted off wait list so you never know what will happen.

kafireworks0701

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd say go for it!
You just don't know untill you give it a shot.
I know that you don't want to be wasting $600-700 but that's a very small fraction of money that you'd earn as an optometrist plus imagine the experience and learning you'd build as a SUNY or any optometry student.

I'll be going to the interview on the 10th too...

Good luck!:)

asa5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Now ppl interviewing at SUNY are either put on hold (committee can't make a decision) or they are rejected.
Good luck w. your decision

Exactly, I feel the same!
Has anyone who has been recently interviewed at SUNY, like since February been accepted? I hear most people being put on hold. The wait is just so stressful!

eyepoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SUNY is REALLY taking their time interviewing all the applicants, I called them and they said that everyone interviewed has to wait until all the applicants are done interviewing, which is about late March, and then the committee will compose a priority list with the high priority students being accepted first, I ask if I should go ahead and deposit my money to PCO and save my seat there, they said it would probably be a good idea since you don't want to put all eggs in one basket, but I probably wouldn't do that just yet bc the deposit is not refundable and I really would prefer to go to SUNY.

We will see, couple more weeks guys :rolleyes:

cupcakes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I feel the same!
Has anyone who has been recently interviewed at SUNY, like since February been accepted? I hear most people being put on hold. The wait is just so stressful!

I had my interview Feb. 4th and got accepted, so it's possible!

cupcakes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long did they get back to you? right there? or a couple of weeks?

my acceptance letter was dated three days after my interview, even though they told me that i would find out their decision within two weeks. so i was MAJORLY surprised when i received the letter through snail mail :laugh: