is it too late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i sent my application end of septenber and nothing has happened i was planning to take my dat on nov 7 but i am thinking of taking it on 14 do i have any chance for the more cometitive schools. i have a high GPA and expect a decent dat

Members don't see this ad.

rainy said:
hey guys i sent my application end of septenber and nothing has happened i was planning to take my dat on nov 7 but i am thinking of taking it on 14 do i have any chance for the more cometitive schools. i have a high GPA and expect a decent dat

of course you have a chance..why would'nt you? applying late is not that big of a deal if your stats are solid.

pbure said:
of course you have a chance..why would'nt you? applying late is not that big of a deal if your stats are solid.
does it make such any diffrence if i take my dat nov14 instead of nov4 just becuase teh location is more convinient

Members don't see this ad :)
rainy said:
does it make such any diffrence if i take my dat nov14 instead of nov4 just becuase teh location is more convinient

if you feel ready on the 4th then take it on the 4th..if you feel you need an extra week then take an extra week..best advice i can give. don't rush the dats..bad idea

pbure said:

It's getting late now, so it is somewhat of a big deal.

To the OP: you sent your app. in at the end of september, but nothing has happened because your file isn't complete with the schools. Your file isn't complete until they get your DAT scores.

In an honest viewpoint, you can probably expect interviews in January/February at the earliest.

And you WILL be competing for less spots, since acceptances go out on Dec 1. and the first round of deposits are due Jan 15.

I also forgot to mention that you don't want to run the risk of missing the deadlines for schools. For example, Arizona has a deadline of Dec 15--the file must be complete by that date. So, in a hypothetical situation, if your DAT scores weren't there by that date, then you can't progress in the cycle.