is it true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive heard tht walgreens pay some part of the tution fee for their pharm techs who decide to go to pharmacy school.. is it true?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they pay $3000 a year and you might have to work for them while in school and definitely have to work for them after you are done with pharmacy school. I don't think it's even worth it.

ive heard tht walgreens pay some part of the tution fee for their pharm techs who decide to go to pharmacy school.. is it true?

It is true, but part would be the key word here (more like a drop in the bucket IMO). You can check their websie for more accurate/detailed info, but I think the breakdown is something like ~2K for year 1, ~3K for year 2, ~4K for year 3, and ~5K for year 4 *Here's the catch: If you take the money for four years, you're required to work for them for 4 years (or pay the $ back immediately). I have been working for WAGs for 7 years now but I won't be participating in the program - it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they pay $3000 a year and you might have to work for them while in school and definitely have to work for them after you are done with pharmacy school. I don't think it's even worth it.

oh..but after u r done with pharmacy school u work as a pharmacist for thm..n i think pharmacists pay is really good at walgreens.... do u think for how many yrs u have to work for thm after u graduate? im just curious...
i think its not worth it too...:eek:

Julianne already posted. If they help you out 1 year, you have to work for them 1 year. If they give you money for 2 years, you have to work for 2 years and so on.

I heard that Target gives you $3000 a year and you don't have to work for them. I don't know what the catch is.

No KellyBean you also have to work for them...

You become an indentured servant.

I think it's best to try and negotiate tuition repayment on the back end when YOU have the levarage. I know a pharmacist in CA who got a huge chuck of his student loans repayed by Walgreens- more than the amounts they post on the website.