Is it unanimous? Was PS really hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amit1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive talked to many who thought the PS was really hard on this MCAT. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

It kicked my a$$. Well, I guess that officially remains to be seen.

Here's to optimism and a generous curve.

I thought PS was really hard - but I know I didn't bomb it. Im just uncertain of how well I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the PS was much more heavy on calculations than the practice tests IV-VI. The concepts themselves weren't that hard to me except I was thrown for a loop by the amount of 2nd sem stuff that showed up...not to mention the heavy emphasis on physics over chem in my form.

i thought the ps on my form was more challenging than the bs and vr...like you i don't think i bombed it terribly (crossing fingers) but i have no idea how i did. it all amounts to some lucky guessing, i hope!!! :confused:

One thing to remember is that the physical science was the first section so you were most likely pretty nervous. As the day went on I was more comfortable and consequently the test seemed to get easier. What form did you happen to have? I had CS which did seem to have a tough PS section. Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Remember that your ability to do well on the PS is not a measure of your future as a doctor.

I too thought that the PS section was incredibly difficult. I think I got unlucky and it tested on all the stuff I had throuble with. My form (AP) had much more physics than general chem (boo!). I felt like I had to guess a lot and when proctor called 45 minutes remaining I wasn't even halfway done yet, so I tried to hurry. I ended up finishing, but I don't feel too great about it. Oh well. We will find out in June, right? :D

I had test AN. An aquaintance who was also scoring in the 30's on the practice tests with me also had AN and thought the PS was tough. I think the PS was hard on all tests. Everyone seems to think they had the toughest form, I think they were all tough.

I had form BP and physical felt much like the practice exams. The biological, as seems to largely be the opinion, was a bit tougher than the practice exams. After the first 4 or 5 passages, it seemed to get pretty ugly. I took my time on the more difficult passages (e.g. cAMP passage) and it seemed as though they expected alot of inference. Their practice exams had these types of questions but not in large numbers...as was the case on Saturday. Verbal was verbal...I have no idea what I did to that.

No, what are you talking about, PS was a breeze!

I'm kidding...just wish I could say that...though all of you would probably hate me...:D

Seriously, I agree with you...PS is usually my hardest section, by far...and this test was no exception. I don't feel very good about how I did...though I did finish in time, I guessed (wrong, as it turns out) on too many questions...

On bio, the orgo gave me some trouble, too, though much less than the PS...and I really felt ok about the biology on it, probably since I'm a bio major and was familiar with a lot of the material. I felt pretty good about verbal...though of course I changed one answer at the last minute from right to wrong...but other than that I felt pretty comfortable.

Writing was another story...as I just posted under the essay thread...I really think I might get some major deductions from the scorers for my examples and writing style. Oh well...soon I WILL stop thinking about this whole thing...I really don't normally spend this much time online, but apparently a minor flu or something has decided to settle into my stomach...so I haven't gotten out too much...

On the Kaplan feedback website, about 38 percent of those surveyed thought VR was the most difficult. Followed by 30 percent PS, and 29 percent BS, and a whopping 1.5 percent WS.
I think I would be inclined to agree. I thought Verbal was the toughest. But that's just me.

PS was never a strength on any of my practice exams, but I felt like it was the least difficult section...BS and verbal were both brutal..to me, at least...kinda worries me...seems like I have things bassackwards, save the verbal...

Charlie