Is it useful for re-application ?

Started by Frankwong
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frankwong

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for studying medicine last yr but I didn't have any interview.

On the other hand, a doctor in medical school say that he can accept me as a PhD student in Epidemiology and Public health. (To use mathematics to model an epidemic)

However, I still want to be a doctor. I am thinking to find a job in medical field such as Resident Physicist, and re-apply medicine again.

Actually I don't know study PhD or re-apply medical school is better. Could someone give me some suggestions ?
 
I was in the same situation two years ago. I applied to medical school and did not get in anywhere. I applied to several public health programs the next year and got into columbia and UMICH on scholarships.

I chose to withdraw from public health and reapply to medical school. my heart has always been in medicine, not public health. I also think it really depends on your gpa, mcat and experience. if you think you can achieve the numbers to get into a medical school....reapply


Frankwong said:
I applied for studying medicine last yr but I didn't have any interview.

On the other hand, a doctor in medical school say that he can accept me as a PhD student in Epidemiology and Public health. (To use mathematics to model an epidemic)

However, I still want to be a doctor. I am thinking to find a job in medical field such as Resident Physicist, and re-apply medicine again.

Actually I don't know study PhD or re-apply medical school is better. Could someone give me some suggestions ?