is it worth applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

askadds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
overall gpa: 2.80; science gpa: 3.1
have research experience, volunteer assistant, physics 2 not taken and organic labs not taken. I have taken a lot of extra bio courses plus biochemistry and done well.

will take DATs early July

any chance I can get into dental school if I pull off 20 on the DATs?

any input is appreciated.....

Members don't see this ad.

nraouf said:
overall gpa: 2.80; science gpa: 3.1
have research experience, volunteer assistant, physics 2 not taken and organic labs not taken. I have taken a lot of extra bio courses plus biochemistry and done well.

will take DATs early July

any chance I can get into dental school if I pull off 20 on the DATs?

any input is appreciated.....

I think you have a good shot. Look up a thread called under 3.0 or something like that and you will see lots of people who pulled it off. You do need to bang out the DAT's though and any additional classes you take.

bkwash said:
I think you have a good shot. Look up a thread called under 3.0 or something like that and you will see lots of people who pulled it off. You do need to bang out the DAT's though and any additional classes you take.
My stats are a little higher then yours, not fantastic though... Im sure u have a chance if u kick the DAT's a$$. Which im planning on doing (Crossing fingers) I would reccomend applying to alot of schools. Im applying to about 12 different schools, and I have researched their average stats and what not to see if I have a chance. Sure it will cost alot, figure the AADSAS fee and 60 bucks for the additional schools. But think about it, its all worth it when you get accepted! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
you think 20 to 22 is gonna get the job done?

I know my chances are not so great so if I can get into howard or nyu...ill go. no prefrence...ive given up on that....

golfmontpoker said:
My stats are a little higher then yours, not fantastic though... Im sure u have a chance if u kick the DAT's a$$. Which im planning on doing (Crossing fingers) I would reccomend applying to alot of schools. Im applying to about 12 different schools, and I have researched their average stats and what not to see if I have a chance. Sure it will cost alot, figure the AADSAS fee and 60 bucks for the additional schools. But think about it, its all worth it when you get accepted! Good luck!

nraouf said:
you think 20 to 22 is gonna get the job done?

I know my chances are not so great so if I can get into howard or nyu...ill go. no prefrence...ive given up on that....

make sure you apply EARLY. I unfortunately applied to schools late november. I had around the same GPA with a 24/23/22 DAT and I haven't received any interviews yet.