Is it worth it for me to reapply?

Started by farnell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

farnell

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied two years ago with a 3.48 cGPA and a 29 MCAT...had two MD interviews, one rejection and one waitlist. Since then I have done research full time and improved my MCAT to a 30...is it worth it for me to reapply this year? Do you think I have a shot at low tier MD schools?
 
I applied two years ago with a 3.48 cGPA and a 29 MCAT...had two MD interviews, one rejection and one waitlist. Since then I have done research full time and improved my MCAT to a 30...is it worth it for me to reapply this year? Do you think I have a shot at low tier MD schools?

sGPA? Other ECs?
 
2 interviews & a waitlist says you should definitely go for it. rewrite everything. You've got 9 days, get going!

Best of luck to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied two years ago with a 3.48 cGPA and a 29 MCAT...had two MD interviews, one rejection and one waitlist. Since then I have done research full time and improved my MCAT to a 30...is it worth it for me to reapply this year? Do you think I have a shot at low tier MD schools?

Definately, as Dr. Midlife said, you should re-apply. Its early in the year and should be good for you. Also consider Osteopathic Med schools (if you are open to that too). Good luck.
 
Any feedback from the schools that interviewed you? If so, have you rectified those problems?
 
Hi everyone. Long weekend and just came back to these posts.
sGPA? Other ECs?

Yes and yes.

Also include DO programs. How are your ECs?

My EC's are not stellar but I feel that they are adequate. I have plenty of clinical/non-clinical volunteering, and have also been tutoring on and off for two years. Though I don't have any publications, I feel that my research is above average (I have been doing it full time for a large drug company), and is the strongest part of my app.

I have already started with my apps but definitely needed to hear the words of encouragement. Thank you guys!
 
Then definitely time to apply. Work on interview skills, just to be safe.


My EC's are not stellar but I feel that they are adequate. I have plenty of clinical/non-clinical volunteering, and have also been tutoring on and off for two years. Though I don't have any publications, I feel that my research is above average (I have been doing it full time for a large drug company), and is the strongest part of my app.

I have already started with my apps but definitely needed to hear the words of encouragement. Thank you guys![/QUOTE]