Is it worth it to do research in opt school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

myopiastigmatism78787

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The professor who interviewed me is encouraging me to work at his lab, really enthusiastically
Is research a waste of time or worth it (resume, connections, LOR)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are many benefits to working in a lab and doing research, learning how to develop and run experiments, how to write grants and scientific papers, just to name a few. If you think you may be interested in research you should definitely try it out. I really wished I had done research in optometry school as it would have really helped me now
 
There are many benefits to working in a lab and doing research, learning how to develop and run experiments, how to write grants and scientific papers, just to name a few. If you think you may be interested in research you should definitely try it out. I really wished I had done research in optometry school as it would have really helped me now
i guess, i'm not sure if i like research cuz i have never done it before. as someone who wants to become a private practice owner, i dunno if i should take the offer or not