Is it worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamjarzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone advise me if it’s worth it to study Physiotherapy in the US? I could get into European PT schools without bachelors and save loads of money..
Should I do 6 year accelerated BSC/DPT course or should I enroll into a European PT school? Also, I’m an international student so does anyone know the cheapest university in New York or Texas for accelerated PT programs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Starting Salary for DPT new-grads

If you want to practice in the US, go to school in the US. If you want to practice in another country, go to school in that country.
US Educated, Foreign Practice?

Your post history shows a scattershot of questions about different fields (audiology, dentistry, PT...) and studying in places like Bulgaria and the Caucasus... Sit down, research carefully, and make a realistic plan. Medical studies are long and can be expensive, so it pays to be well-prepared before you start.

Last edited:
Starting Salary for DPT new-grads

If you want to practice in the US, go to school in the US. If you want to practice in another country, go to school in that country.
US Educated, Foreign Practice?

Your post history shows a scattershot of questions about different fields (audiology, dentistry, PT...) and studying in places like Bulgaria and the Caucasus... Sit down, research carefully, and make a realistic plan. Medical studies are long and can be expensive, so it pays to be well-prepared before you start.

I want to practice in the US..
Yeah I’m so confused.. I don’t know what to choose :/ I’ve shadowed a dentist but it seems really difficult to get into a dental school..

I’m still doing my research.. hope to join college this year :D

I agree with @jblil , go to school in the country you want to practice in, it makes life so much more easy. I’m an international student as well, earned my bachelor in the US and I am in my first year of PT school in Texas and I love it. But I went into PT because that’s where my passion was, not because it was easier to get in than another Health care field or because the studies were shorter.

What are you interested in? What do you look for in a profession?

Reactions: 1 user