Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by chrissystar, Mar 7, 2007.

1. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Hey all..

I have an interview at NECO on the 19th- and I havent decided yet If I should go.. So far, I have been accepted to PCO and NOVA - and I really liked NOVA and have already put my deposit down.

Can those who have been to both NOVA and NECO share their views on NECO? Did you find the facilities/clinic better than NOVA? Should I bother?

If I dont go- I don't want to end up regretting it at the end. But I could also save about $600 (use that towards a PDA that I want :) )

2. forum stalker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    If you like to live in a historic town, go to a small school, spend lots of money for housing, cold weather, and Boston then go to NECO. If not- then don't. It seems like you're already set on NOVA from previous postings.

3. EyeBaller

EyeBaller SUNY-O Class of 2008
    2+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Get the PDA, save the $$$ on NECOs high tuition... I don't think you get to see any clinics when you to NECO.. I didn't a few years back.. as they don't have on-site clinics.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. a1bui

5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I really liked Boston; saw historical buildings, chinatown, and the theater district (Blue Man Group). The school is like a huge mansion, and is decorated very nicely. The equipment and facitilies are pretty on par with the other schools. Lastly, they have a new clinic thats a few blocks away. They drive you there, like PCO did.

5. OP
    OP
    chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    One of the things that turned me off from PCO was the fact that the clinic was not near by. I wont have a car when I go to shcool, so I dont want to have to bus/carpool to the clinic...

6. odforme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    There is a train that goes between NECO and the clinic...it's not too far either, so in nice weather you could walk easily. You could also take a cab if you needed to be fast. Its really easy to get around in Boston.:)