is it worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chrissystar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all..

I have an interview at NECO on the 19th- and I havent decided yet If I should go.. So far, I have been accepted to PCO and NOVA - and I really liked NOVA and have already put my deposit down.

Can those who have been to both NOVA and NECO share their views on NECO? Did you find the facilities/clinic better than NOVA? Should I bother?

If I dont go- I don't want to end up regretting it at the end. But I could also save about $600 (use that towards a PDA that I want 🙂 )
 
If you like to live in a historic town, go to a small school, spend lots of money for housing, cold weather, and Boston then go to NECO. If not- then don't. It seems like you're already set on NOVA from previous postings.
 
Get the PDA, save the $$$ on NECOs high tuition... I don't think you get to see any clinics when you to NECO.. I didn't a few years back.. as they don't have on-site clinics.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really liked Boston; saw historical buildings, chinatown, and the theater district (Blue Man Group). The school is like a huge mansion, and is decorated very nicely. The equipment and facitilies are pretty on par with the other schools. Lastly, they have a new clinic thats a few blocks away. They drive you there, like PCO did.
 
I really liked Boston; saw historical buildings, chinatown, and the theater district (Blue Man Group). The school is like a huge mansion, and is decorated very nicely. The equipment and facitilies are pretty on par with the other schools. Lastly, they have a new clinic thats a few blocks away. They drive you there, like PCO did.

One of the things that turned me off from PCO was the fact that the clinic was not near by. I wont have a car when I go to shcool, so I dont want to have to bus/carpool to the clinic...
 
There is a train that goes between NECO and the clinic...it's not too far either, so in nice weather you could walk easily. You could also take a cab if you needed to be fast. Its really easy to get around in Boston.🙂