Is Kaplan Blue Book enough for G & Org Chemistries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD_DREAMING

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this topic has been discussed before; however, when I searched I did not find exactly what I wanted to know. I know that I need additional sources for the Biology part. But, for the general chemistry and organic chemistry, is the Kaplan Blue Book enough? I scored a 19 for the General and a 23 for the Organic on the practice test inside the book. The general chemistry calculations are quite difficult. On the other hand, when I took the sample test from the ADA booklet, I only missed one question in each section. Does the real DAT lie somewhere in between the two? Any info would be appreciated because I would like to move on to study the PAT more in detail because I believe it will prove to be the most difficult section for me. By the way, I just received my Topscore CD today.

Members don't see this ad.

I used KBB supplemented with my textbooks from the classes whenever I felt I needed a deeper understanding or Kaplan was lacking. Real DAT scores about 3 or 4 pts. above KBB practice tests.

here's what i think.

i thought the kaplan BB was fine in terms of informing you of the subjects being covered on the test. BUT they don't give enough practice problems. just make sure that you get a good understanding of the principles presented there....and.. practice practice practice.