Is Kaplan DAT online course worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neil45

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It costs $1250! http://www.kaptest.com/Dental/DAT/View-Kaplan-Programs/Online-Programs/DN_dat_online.html&ProductId=1049 Are the practice tests representative of the real exam? I will be writing the Canadian DAT exam so the Organic chemistry and Math section will be irrelevant for the exam. But is the biology and chemistry sections on par with the practice exams? How was your experience with the online course? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nope.
Save yourself some money by buying the subject tests, which is what kaplan online exactly offers, on EBAY. It cost me 20 bucks last year to buy it on ebay, but i did not know the online is exactly the same (which offers you subject tests). I bought the online and rarely use it. Stupid me:(

Members don't see this ad :)
That seems pricey for the online course. If you can afford it, you get about 8 or so practice tests, some of which are pretty good. You also get lots of subject tests. I liked it.

It depends. If you're the type of person that can't make and keep your own studying schedule, then Kaplan may be it for you. They'll tell you exactly when to finish reading certain chapters, problems, etc... $1250 is pretty steep but getting into dental school and be on your way to becoming a dentist is priceless.