Is Kaplan misleading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmagnet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The first time I took a Kaplan pretest online, I got an 18 in orgo (I just took orgo and skipped over everything else). Then I studied really really hard the last few nights and read my ACS (american chemical society) booklet b/c I have an Orgo II national final on Monday. I took the practice exam from a Kaplan book that and I got a 25 in orgo! :eek: Has this happened to anyone? How accurate is Kaplan blue book compared to the DAT? Seems very odd to jump that high after only a few intense nights of DAT style Q's...what's the verdict?

Members don't see this ad.

UGH! I HATED the ACS =( , good luck man, and be sure to know your spectroscopy!

I think Kaplan is a pretty good determiner as far as the sciences go, and the ASC book it far more detailed than you'll need for the DAT, so if you do well in that, you'll be just fine.

Good luck on both of your tests!

Thank you guys! Okay I'm going to do spectroscopy for the 100th time right now lol..honestly that's my weakest subject!!! I'm really good at IR and horrible at NMR. I don't want that to ruin my score. Thanks again! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan final is sort of easy. I think it is from Kaplan blue book.