-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is Kaplan too detailed??
Started by Brandie28
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YES, its way way way too detailed. Half of the stuff didn't end up on the PCAT I took. My university never had general biology- we did microbiology and cell biology in our first term so it wasn't so bad when I was studying it. But it's not something to stress about. If you feel mediocre about the biology section in Kaplan, then you are ready for the biology section in the PCAT. lol
Hehe thank you! I took the Dr. Collins prep class and like at least 50% of the stuff in the book we didn't cover in that class either so I thought that was odd too. But I am relieved to hear that it is a but much. Thanks!YES, its way way way too detailed. Half of the stuff didn't end up on the PCAT I took. My university never had general biology- we did microbiology and cell biology in our first term so it wasn't so bad when I was studying it. But it's not something to stress about. If you feel mediocre about the biology section in Kaplan, then you are ready for the biology section in the PCAT. lol
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the stuff on lower organisms. A lot of the chapters discuss circulation, execretory, digestive, nervous systems for annelids, cniridia and those, but the PCAT is largely geared towards human physiology so you wouldn't likely see any questions specifically asking you about, oh say the anatomy of a hydra. Study for the human stuff and you'll do fine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I definitely felt like I studied for the wrong things on the Bio section. I'm not sure why but I focused on Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration (probably because I found those to be hard topics in Bio), but instead I really should have focused more on Anatomy stuff.
Kaplan is too detailed but 90% of the book should be review anyway. I had to remember a couple things like what part of the brain did this and what hormone did that but thats about it.
There are detailed questions on the PCAT, but who knows if those are counted or not. If you read through the Kaplan book and know most of it you should be fine.
There are detailed questions on the PCAT, but who knows if those are counted or not. If you read through the Kaplan book and know most of it you should be fine.
i think barron's more the level
Go figure i've taken A&P 1&2 but not Bio 2 lol....Everyone says A&P and Microbio but if you read through kaplan's biology you should be 100% fine considering the later half of Bio2 is like an early intro to A&P. Taking Bio2 is more imperative than say A&P I say.
i agree that kaplan lacked information about microbiology. look at the biology problems in CLIFFNOTES 5 PCAT EXAMS book. There are a few questions about which infection is caused by parasite/bacteria/virus... know the common ones!!! GOOD LUCK.
Go figure i've taken A&P 1&2 but not Bio 2 lol....
what do u think about dr.collins course..did u take the PCAT last saturday or in august..are you only studying for the PCAT through his materials ..thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K