I'm finishing up my Gen Chem II summer course and then taking next semester off to move in with my dad and save up money because I don't really have any other choice. Then I guess I'll decide whether I still want to try to go to med school.
I decided about a month ago that as soon as I have enough in savings, I wanted to move to a completely different state, partly because there are places in the midwest a lot cheaper to live in than here and that have more job opportunities, and partly because I want to get away from my family and just am not a huge fan of Georgia.
I'm concerned that leaving the state might put me at disadvantages in terms of post-bacc tuition and getting into med school if I decide to continue pursuing medicine, however. I've never had to deal with paying for out of state tuition at a school, so I'm not even sure how that would work and how difficult it would be to get loans. I also know that there are med schools who look intentionally for matriculates who are likely to stick around and practice in their states as well. Mercer, for instance, only accepts Georgia residents and is very vocal about only considering people with a commitment to serving Georgia.
Thoughts?