• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW

Is Magoosh too good to be true?

PeruvianPapi

Mar 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I am planning to retake the MCAT this coming winter and am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of resources that are out there to choose from. Right now I am planning to use TBR for books, Uworld for Qbank, Khan Academy for videos and am going to try to stick to the SDN 100 day schedule. However, I recently came across Magoosh which offers:
12 months of access
380+ content review videos
740+ questions including 3 practice tests with question explanations
Study Schedules
and perhaps most importantly....a +10 score improvement guarantee
All for just $200.

You have to have taken to MCAT before to qualify for the guarantee which I have, so I'm wondering if anyone out there used Magoosh and can tell me how they liked it/what the catch is. Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user

darkeon

5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2014
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, fellow Peruvian here myself haha. Chim pum Callao!

I'd say you have enough of the popular yet reputable sources to go by. I think consensus is use either EK or NS for exams along with the AAMC ones of course. Hope you find someone who can tell you more on Magoosh

dalmaticum

Feb 27, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I am planning to retake the MCAT this coming winter and am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of resources that are out there to choose from. Right now I am planning to use TBR for books, Uworld for Qbank, Khan Academy for videos and am going to try to stick to the SDN 100 day schedule. However, I recently came across Magoosh which offers:
12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

You have to have taken to MCAT before to qualify for the guarantee which I have, so I'm wondering if anyone out there used Magoosh and can tell me how they liked it/what the catch is. Thank you!!
Are the videos different from Khan Academy?

Dochopeful13

7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

I have to say for that price I would be tempted. My wife used magoosh for her gre prep and it was a really good resource.

About the Ads

Pigs on blanket

Mar 29, 2019
I like the magoosh videos. I think they are really good. I don't necessarily like the question bank but I only did a hand full of questions so I am using Uworld. I think you can substitute Khan Academy with Magoosh. In fact they go over a lot of the same stuff and other times one will have something different over the other. I am not sure if the difference will make or break you. I will say Magoosh videos aren't long and drawn like Khan Academy.

Startingover123

2+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2019
12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

Do you ever use this?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.