Is Magoosh too good to be true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaspberryPiranha

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to retake the MCAT this coming winter and am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of resources that are out there to choose from. Right now I am planning to use TBR for books, Uworld for Qbank, Khan Academy for videos and am going to try to stick to the SDN 100 day schedule. However, I recently came across Magoosh which offers:
12 months of access
380+ content review videos
740+ questions including 3 practice tests with question explanations
Study Schedules
and perhaps most importantly....a +10 score improvement guarantee
All for just $200.

You have to have taken to MCAT before to qualify for the guarantee which I have, so I'm wondering if anyone out there used Magoosh and can tell me how they liked it/what the catch is. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, fellow Peruvian here myself haha. Chim pum Callao!

I'd say you have enough of the popular yet reputable sources to go by. I think consensus is use either EK or NS for exams along with the AAMC ones of course. Hope you find someone who can tell you more on Magoosh

I am planning to retake the MCAT this coming winter and am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of resources that are out there to choose from. Right now I am planning to use TBR for books, Uworld for Qbank, Khan Academy for videos and am going to try to stick to the SDN 100 day schedule. However, I recently came across Magoosh which offers:
12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

You have to have taken to MCAT before to qualify for the guarantee which I have, so I'm wondering if anyone out there used Magoosh and can tell me how they liked it/what the catch is. Thank you!!
Are the videos different from Khan Academy?

12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

I have to say for that price I would be tempted. My wife used magoosh for her gre prep and it was a really good resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like the magoosh videos. I think they are really good. I don't necessarily like the question bank but I only did a hand full of questions so I am using Uworld. I think you can substitute Khan Academy with Magoosh. In fact they go over a lot of the same stuff and other times one will have something different over the other. I am not sure if the difference will make or break you. I will say Magoosh videos aren't long and drawn like Khan Academy.

I've only done their P/S passages but I thought they were really hard/good actually and covered some things I hadn't seen elsewhere.

12 months of access
Study Schedules
All for just $200.

Do you ever use this?

No I didn’t, but a friend of mine did use it and she didn’t think it prepared her well enough