Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to med school next spring and I'm trying to figure out what to do to bolster my resume. I've worked for the past three years in a medical research setting, but I have very little recent clinical experience. I've thought about shadowing a doctor for a while, but I'm also considering getting certified as a medical interpreter as I am fluent in Spanish. I feel like that would give me some good hands-on experience and would also give me another option for a new job in between applying to schools and (hopefully) starting since I'm not sure I want to stay at my current research job past next summer. However, interpreting courses can be expensive and I might not do it if it won't be any more beneficial to my resume than just shadowing a doctor. Does anyone have any experience with this? My MCAT is 525 and my GPA for the premed postbac I'm in is 3.61, hopefully will have brought it up a bit by the end of next spring.