Is mid-late July too late for secondary application submission for Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FoodisGood163

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Title.

I've tried searching but turned up with people commenting on AMCAS schools. I sent in my secondary applications for my previous cycle around mid Aug, which I believe is a large reason why I only received 1 interview. Does anyone know?? :/
 
Thanks for the response. How bad do you think the disadvantage will be?? There was a delay with one of my letters of recommendation so I was waiting to submit my secondaries until my committee letter got sorted out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait... mid july is too late for submitting secondaries? Dam, why is Texas so special? Do you guys have your primaries sent out to schools much earlier than every other state?
 
Thanks for the response. How bad do you think the disadvantage will be?? There was a delay with one of my letters of recommendation so I was waiting to submit my secondaries until my committee letter got sorted out.

No way to put a number or anything on how much it may hurt your app. But mid-July shouldn't negatively affect you, don't worry about it.
 
Thanks for the response. How bad do you think the disadvantage will be?? There was a delay with one of my letters of recommendation so I was waiting to submit my secondaries until my committee letter got sorted out.

The disadvantage is not as bad as people make it out to seem. If your stats are average/above average and you have solid ECs, LORs, and essays, then you will be just fine.

I submitted my primary at the end of August last cycle and completed secondaries in Sept and ended up with 5 IIs at Texas schools with an avgish GPA/MCAT (~3.8/31)
 
The disadvantage is not as bad as people make it out to seem. If your stats are average/above average and you have solid ECs, LORs, and essays, then you will be just fine.

I submitted my primary at the end of August last cycle and completed secondaries in Sept and ended up with 5 IIs at Texas schools with an avgish GPA/MCAT (~3.8/31)

Your primary was submitted at the end of August???? Wow, I hope I can replicate that success. I submitted all my secondaries yesterday so here's hoping that I get some IIs :/