Is mid-Nov too late?

Started by nvega13
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nvega13

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I am scheduled to write the computer OAT in mid-october, but I am thinking of rescheduling for the first week in November (I have too many mid-terms around the same time at school and it is just too hectic). This would mean that schools would only receive all my stuff (ie. my OAT score) by about the 3rd week in november. Is this too late?

Thanks
 
nvega13 said:
Hi!

I am scheduled to write the computer OAT in mid-october, but I am thinking of rescheduling for the first week in November (I have too many mid-terms around the same time at school and it is just too hectic). This would mean that schools would only receive all my stuff (ie. my OAT score) by about the 3rd week in november. Is this too late?

Thanks


I was wondering the same thing. I am taking my OAT on Nov. 3 but I am not sure if i should move up the date to oct. I would also like to know the answer to this question, anyone?
 
Hi,

I applied pretty late last year (Dec. for UCB and Jan. for SUNY, SCCO, IU, MCO) and still got accepted to most of the schools I applied to. Therefore, I think taking the test in Nov. would be ok. But since it'll probably be a processed before winter break, you might not get an interview until break is over. If you take the Nov. test, how long does it take for the OAT office to send it to the schools? At least you're better off than me, I'm a big procastinator 🙂

Ning-Ju
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm taking it early nov too. i wanted to take it mid oct but couldnt find a test slot. i called icu and the admissions couselor indicated that they will prob get an ealry nov comp test score the same time as the 10/15 written test scores.
 
I talked to one of the admissions officers from SCCO, and she said they can release scores as early as 1 week after your OAT, and yeah she said it'll probably come the same time as the written one also..so there's the advantage. I am also taking my OAT mid-November. The admissions ppl say the sooner the better..haha. okay. And one student told me that this time is actually peak time..so I guess we're not too far behind.
 
I took the OAT in October back when it was a written test.. my scores didn't go out until December. So, all three schools I applied to sat on my app until mid-December. I still got in... don't worry.

Good :luck: !!!
 
cpw - the photo is adorable! 🙂

cpw said:
I took the OAT in October back when it was a written test.. my scores didn't go out until December. So, all three schools I applied to sat on my app until mid-December. I still got in... don't worry.

Good :luck: !!!
 
iraqiamerican said:
I'm I crazy for taking it in January? Do I have no chance of getting in? (MCO - Ferris)

I don't know about MCO. But I think you still have a chance with other schools. As long as you have everything in besides your OAT score. 😉