Quantcast

Is my application subpar?

USF TCOP - Virtual Information Sessions
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchjp1997

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first ever post on SDN, so I'm very sorry if I mess anything up.
A little background about me as a student:
I just turned 19, I'm about to be a sophomore at Missouri State University and I'm looking to apply to pharmacy school for the fall of 2017 at UMKC. I have a 3.69c GPA and a 3.59 science/math GPA. I am a member of MSU's honors college, I have over 300+ hours of volunteer experience, including 50 in a hospital pharmacy, I'm the secretary of MSU's pre-pharmacy society, and I'm a member of our school's American Chemical Society. I'm also an URM if that counts for anything (not saying it should).
My transcript is the following:

St. Louis University Dual Credit classes during high school:
Gen Chem 1- B
U.S History -B+
English 100-B
Gen Chem 2-A
Spanish 1-A
Spanish 2-A

Classes taken at MSU:
Biology 1-A
Calculus 1-A
Political Science-A
Philosophy-A
Public Speaking-A
Organic Chem 1-B+
Genetics-A
Medical Terminology - A
English 200-A
Psychology-A
(Still need to take organic 2, physics, anatomy, and microbiology.)

I'm taking the PCAT in three weeks and my projected score via Pearson is around 60-80th percentile composite.

From what I've listed, do I seem to be a fairly competitive applicant? Or should I wait another year to make my application better.
Thanks everyone.

Nguyen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current student at UMKC. You are in good shape. Just score >60 on the PCAT and you should be set. The average GPA is around ~3.5 and you are above that line. The average PCAT is ~60ish.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DrDrugs2012

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't settle for that 60th percentile. Aim high, work hard, achieve it. That will put you in the driver's seat - you'll get to pick schools not the other way around.

Reactions: 2 users