Is my application subpar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchjp1997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first ever post on SDN, so I'm very sorry if I mess anything up.
A little background about me as a student:
I just turned 19, I'm about to be a sophomore at Missouri State University and I'm looking to apply to pharmacy school for the fall of 2017 at UMKC. I have a 3.69c GPA and a 3.59 science/math GPA. I am a member of MSU's honors college, I have over 300+ hours of volunteer experience, including 50 in a hospital pharmacy, I'm the secretary of MSU's pre-pharmacy society, and I'm a member of our school's American Chemical Society. I'm also an URM if that counts for anything (not saying it should).
My transcript is the following:

St. Louis University Dual Credit classes during high school:
Gen Chem 1- B
U.S History -B+
English 100-B
Gen Chem 2-A
Spanish 1-A
Spanish 2-A

Classes taken at MSU:
Biology 1-A
Calculus 1-A
Political Science-A
Philosophy-A
Public Speaking-A
Organic Chem 1-B+
Genetics-A
Medical Terminology - A
English 200-A
Psychology-A
(Still need to take organic 2, physics, anatomy, and microbiology.)

I'm taking the PCAT in three weeks and my projected score via Pearson is around 60-80th percentile composite.

From what I've listed, do I seem to be a fairly competitive applicant? Or should I wait another year to make my application better.
Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current student at UMKC. You are in good shape. Just score >60 on the PCAT and you should be set. The average GPA is around ~3.5 and you are above that line. The average PCAT is ~60ish.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't settle for that 60th percentile. Aim high, work hard, achieve it. That will put you in the driver's seat - you'll get to pick schools not the other way around.

Reactions: 2 users