Is my cycle pretty much over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liao1

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an ORM with decent stats (LM 75), and have been lucky enough to interview at 9 schools ( 1 T5, 3 T20, 5 T50). I submitted pretty early, complete at all schools mid-July at the latest. Most of my interview invites came early as a result (5 in Aug, 3 in Sept, 1 first week of October). Since my last II invite, haven't heard a peep from any schools. Have I basically been silent rejected at all the schools I haven't heard from? Wondering if anyone in my situation has gotten interviews later in the cycle or is this pretty much all I should expect from this point forward. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing at 9 schools is amazing! You are truly in demand.

Remember that per AMCAS traffic rules, MD schools were only able to start giving acceptances on October 17th at the earliest.

Have you checked the specific school sites on here to see if people who interviewed around the same time as you have received notification?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh sorry. I think I misunderstood your post. Are you saying that you haven't heard from the OTHER schools you've applied to (other than the ones where you interviewed?)

I am in a similar boat, though the notifications of holds and rejections are starting to creep in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing at 9 schools is amazing! You are truly in demand.

Remember that per AMCAS traffic rules, MD schools were only able to start giving acceptances on October 17th at the earliest.

Have you checked the specific school sites on here to see if people who interviewed around the same time as you have received notification?

Thank you so much! I know I’ve been very lucky this cycle. I did forget to mention I’ve been accepted at one school which is great, my question was more so regarding whether more schools would be sending IIs or if basically I had been reviewed and placed in the silent rejection pile. I know I’ll eventually hear back from schools I’ve interviewed at so I’m less worried about that. Thanks for responding :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, see above! haha, I totally misread your original post.

Congratulations on your acceptance, that's awesome!!

Thank you!! Best of luck on the rest of your cycle

• Love
I'm an ORM with decent stats (LM 75), and have been lucky enough to interview at 9 schools ( 1 T5, 3 T20, 5 T50). I submitted pretty early, complete at all schools mid-July at the latest. Most of my interview invites came early as a result (5 in Aug, 3 in Sept, 1 first week of October). Since my last II invite, haven't heard a peep from any schools. Have I basically been silent rejected at all the schools I haven't heard from? Wondering if anyone in my situation has gotten interviews later in the cycle or is this pretty much all I should expect from this point forward. Thanks!
Gonna go out on a limb here and say, no, lol. You've killed it so far, I'm sure you'll get plenty more.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say, no, lol. You've killed it so far, I'm sure you'll get plenty more.

Thanks for the vote of confidence haha I appreciate it!

I've hard large gaps between receiving ii, where I'll receive nothing for like a month and then 3 in one week. I think slightly more than half II have gone out, which means you have time to get plenty more!

I've hard large gaps between receiving ii, where I'll receive nothing for like a month and then 3 in one week. I think slightly more than half II have gone out, which means you have time to get plenty more!

Wow thank you for the response! Are you applying this cycle? Or did you apply in the past where this happened.

To add onto this, I got an interview 3 days ago, after about 4 weeks of silence; I was complete there on 07/05 so it looks like the IIs are still rolling out!

Wow thank you for the response! Are you applying this cycle? Or did you apply in the past where this happened.
This cycle! I got an II in July, and then nothing until mid September. At the time it really stressed me out and I even added schools, which I now regret as a waste of time/money. I think it goes to show its not worth fixating over time lines in this process.

To add onto this, I got an interview 3 days ago, after about 4 weeks of silence; I was complete there on 07/05 so it looks like the IIs are still rolling out!

Thank you!! Best of luck :)

This cycle! I got an II in July, and then nothing until mid September. At the time it really stressed me out and I even added schools, which I now regret as a waste of time/money. I think it goes to show its not worth fixating over time lines in this process.

Ok yeah I feel that hahah best of luck to the rest of your cycle and thanks for sharing :)

Let me allow you to peek behind the curtain. Let's say a school does interviews from August through January or February. Almost all of the applications are ready for review by September 1 but some of those applicants won't be interviewed until December, January, February. We could send interview invites now for January and February but inevitably applicants will respond back later with issues and conflicts and ask to be rescheduled. It is much easier to hold those applications to the side and invite those applicants in December to interview in January and make invitations in January for February. Plus, you have some people who will be holding offers by December to schools they prefer over our school so they might decline the interview invitation making room for someone who might actually want to attend.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
First of all, congratulations on all the IIs and the acceptance. That's great!

Secondly and to answer your question, since schools will continue sending out invitations until January or February and in some cases March, you can't assume that you have been "silently rejected" from the programs that you have not yet heard from.

Let me allow you to peak behind the curtain. Let's say a school does interviews from August through January or February. Almost all of the applications are ready for review by September 1 but some of those applicants won't be interviewed until December, January, February. We could send interview invites now for January and February but inevitably applicants will respond back later with issues and conflicts and ask to be rescheduled. It is much easier to hold those applications to the side and invite those applicants in December to interview in January and make invitations in January for February. Plus, you have some people who will be holding offers by December to schools they prefer over our school so they might decline the interview invitation making room for someone who might actually want to attend.

Hi and thank you for the insight! That makes sense to me. Do you have any thoughts about whether or not early applications are re-reviewed throughout the cycle, how often they’re reviewed, or whether they’re re-reviewed at all? I see a lot of IIs generally trending toward later complete dates as the cycle goes on, and was wondering how applications that weren’t initially offered an interview are treated after that initial decision to interview or not had been made. Thanks for your time :)

First of all, congratulations on all the IIs and the acceptance. That's great!

Secondly and to answer your question, since schools will continue sending out invitations until January or February and in some cases March, you can't assume that you have been "silently rejected" from the programs that you have not yet heard from.

Sounds good, thank you!

Hi and thank you for the insight! That makes sense to me. Do you have any thoughts about whether or not early applications are re-reviewed throughout the cycle, how often they’re reviewed, or whether they’re re-reviewed at all? I see a lot of IIs generally trending toward later complete dates as the cycle goes on, and was wondering how applications that weren’t initially offered an interview are treated after that initial decision to interview or not had been made. Thanks for your time :)
from my personal experience (10+ II's in my cycle), I got II's from Sept to Nov. and then the flow resumed in late Dec and lasted till the end of feb.

from my personal experience (10+ II's in my cycle), I got II's from Sept to Nov. and then the flow resumed in late Dec and lasted till the end of feb.

Interesting, looks like maybe my app will get a second review later in November or something. Thank you for sharing!

Interesting, looks like maybe my app will get a second review later in November or something. Thank you for sharing!
my experience is that all my first wave II's came from t10's and t20's and then the second wave came from t50's. So yeah, there's some sort of yield protection algorithm in play.

Do a search on my name and "staircase analogy". You are on the staircase. Whether interviews will be issued to you and others on your stair can happen anytime between now and February. You may not be "re-reviewed" but schools may have placed you as a lower priority candidate although they'll eventually get to you. Meanwhile, later applicants who are assigned a higher stair will get offered an interview ahead of you.