Is my DAT score competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harishchandra

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I just took my DAT today, and here's the breakdown of scores:

PA: 15
QR: 16
RC: 23
Bio: 22
GC: 22
OC: 17
Total Science: 20
AA: 20

I have a GPA of 3.6. I was wondering how competitive would I be if I applied to dental schools. Also, my PAT is 15, how serious of a problem is this going to be?

Members don't see this ad.

Well your scores are good for the stuff that really matters. Just make sure the schools you apply to don't have cut-offs for QR or PAT above what you got. Apply EARLY (first day possible).

If you want to get into a school with a higher cut-off, you'll have to retake. You obviously can do well in the other sections so focus half your studying on PAT/QR. With the other half of your studying, try to boost OC to the 20s and maybe you can grab another point on each of the other sections.

Hello Everyone:

I just took my DAT today, and here's the breakdown of scores:

PA: 15
QR: 16
RC: 23
Bio: 22
GC: 22
OC: 17
Total Science: 20
AA: 20

I have a GPA of 3.6. I was wondering how competitive would I be if I applied to dental schools. Also, my PAT is 15, how serious of a problem is this going to be?

has nothing to do with your question but i didnt know you could take the test on a saturday! wow learn something new everyday

some of those scores are really low. i would retake. unless your one of those applicants that are counting on some schools that might go easy with those scores...

Those are pretty good science scores, I say just wait and see what happens. QR was crazy this year. Keep the faith!!!:)