Is my STEP 1 going to be a red flag in the future?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

awkwardnerdyguy

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a non-US IMG and hopefully will be applying for the 2025 match cycle. Unfortunately, due to some poor decision making I ended up getting a step 1 score of 22x. Fortunately, my step 2 score is 26x and other parts of my CV are alright I guess (5 pubs/presentations, 10+ voluntary experiences). I am finishing medical school in the UK in the next few months and hope to do research in radiology for the next couple years. I know it might be hard to say but do you think my low step 1 score will exclude me from academic programs? I would really appreciate if anyone has advice regarding my situation.