Step III Is NBME recommended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redcharger2904

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My test is December 27 and 28. I have finished almost half of UWorld and scored around 60% avg. I have purchased UWSA(not yet activated). I'm wondering if I should also consider NBME
I understand many regard UWSA not that accurate as it doesn't have CCS portion. Is it the same issue with NBME?
What are your thoughts about NBME?

Thanks
 
My test is December 27 and 28. I have finished almost half of UWorld and scored around 60% avg. I have purchased UWSA(not yet activated). I'm wondering if I should also consider NBME
I understand many regard UWSA not that accurate as it doesn't have CCS portion. Is it the same issue with NBME?
What are your thoughts about NBME?

Thanks

Anything NBME is good to practice. Is it predictive? There are ppl who say it is and those who say it isn't. The mean is a score of 500 with a SD of 100. So if you are scoring 500 or above you are doing pretty good. 400 and up? Some Ppl say it's passing but also you got to take into account ccs which the NBME doesn't have, which can boost your score if you do well on it.