• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Ft. Washington, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed back in October, and they said we would find out on one of two decision dates, the end of November or late February. Are these the only two dates they let people know? I haven't heard anything back yet, and I think the silence is a bad omen.

Big XII Fanatic

10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
I interviewed back in October, and they said we would find out on one of two decision dates, the end of November or late February. Are these the only two dates they let people know? I haven't heard anything back yet, and I think the silence is a bad omen.

Northwestern is not rolling. They have two decision dates in November and February. Read the letter that the Dean of Admissions posted on the Northwestern status page; it explains that they were not able to review everyone's file by November. Silence is not a bad omen.

About the Ads

bbabul01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2006
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I was told March 1, from an interview in mid-January.

gopherthegold

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
On subject, does anyone know if they are still offering interviews at all?? I have not heard anything back from them yet regarding my application since it's been complete (in about late October). They may be mad at me because I didn't follow their two week deadline after my AMCAS was verified I suppose, but I couldn't get my letters, so...o well.

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

From the admissions site:
Northwestern Admissions Page said:
On your interview day you learned that you would receive a final decision in November or February. Though we were able to mail some decision letters before Thanksgiving, we were not able to get to all of them. If you did not get a decision letter in November, you will receive a decision letter at the end of February.

Ladyfingers

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah, it says late Feb. Interestingly I think that people last year heard as early as Feb. 13. Of course they may have been told something different (ie, NOT late Feb.). I guess we should just assume mail will be here early March.

junqu

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've been wondering (after hearing that last year people started hearing word around Feb 13-15) what these people were told about when the letters were mailed out....

for example, were they told "late feb" as well?

p9142

UR out of your element!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
bump

anyone know?

Feb 23rd is the word on the street. Your status page will probably change well before you receive anything in the mail.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.