is northwestern rolling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed back in October, and they said we would find out on one of two decision dates, the end of November or late February. Are these the only two dates they let people know? I haven't heard anything back yet, and I think the silence is a bad omen.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed back in October, and they said we would find out on one of two decision dates, the end of November or late February. Are these the only two dates they let people know? I haven't heard anything back yet, and I think the silence is a bad omen.

Northwestern is not rolling. They have two decision dates in November and February. Read the letter that the Dean of Admissions posted on the Northwestern status page; it explains that they were not able to review everyone's file by November. Silence is not a bad omen.

anyone know the date in feb? I've heard the 23rd, but I've also heard early March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told March 1, from an interview in mid-January.

On subject, does anyone know if they are still offering interviews at all?? I have not heard anything back from them yet regarding my application since it's been complete (in about late October). They may be mad at me because I didn't follow their two week deadline after my AMCAS was verified I suppose, but I couldn't get my letters, so...o well.

From the admissions site:
Northwestern Admissions Page said:
On your interview day you learned that you would receive a final decision in November or February. Though we were able to mail some decision letters before Thanksgiving, we were not able to get to all of them. If you did not get a decision letter in November, you will receive a decision letter at the end of February.

Yeah, it says late Feb. Interestingly I think that people last year heard as early as Feb. 13. Of course they may have been told something different (ie, NOT late Feb.). I guess we should just assume mail will be here early March.

I've been wondering (after hearing that last year people started hearing word around Feb 13-15) what these people were told about when the letters were mailed out....

for example, were they told "late feb" as well?

bump

anyone know?

bump

anyone know?

Feb 23rd is the word on the street. Your status page will probably change well before you receive anything in the mail.