Is Nova only interviewing for alternates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smang

Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has Nova filled up their class yet? If not how many spots are left and how late do they interview.

Members don't see this ad.

smang said:
Has Nova filled up their class yet? If not how many spots are left and how late do they interview.

Today 2/24/05 an interview group of about 6 people came through while in was the hallway. I'm not sure how many spots there are.

PS It's "Tina you fat lard, come eat your dinner." :D

i just got a call from NOVA last week for an interview. they have 4 dates in march, and i specifically asked them if it was for the actual class or for the waitlist/alternate list, and they said, the class is not full and won't be until all the interviews are complete. i believe the last date is march 24, which is a weds.

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s incredible; thanks for the correction never intended to undermine the greatest movie of our time. Is Nova really heaven on earth?

smang said:
Is Nova really heaven on earth?

If you want to pay to go to heaven, then sure it is :D

If you get into a cheaper school go there, this way your life will be heaven after dental school. And I will tell you this much, once you start dental school, the school is no longer a heaven but 4 years of hell. So call it a pseduo heaven

It doesn't matter where you go, go the cheap route buddy!

dental2008 said:
If you want to pay to go to heaven, then sure it is :D

If you get into a cheaper school go there, this way your life will be heaven after dental school. And I will tell you this much, once you start dental school, the school is no longer a heaven but 4 years of hell. So call it a pseduo heaven

It doesn't matter where you go, go the cheap route buddy!

Dental School can be hell so I guess you could call Nova a pseudo heaven. BUT! It is mid term time in our second year (2mid terms and a practical last week, 4 mid terms this week and 3 mid terms and a practical next week) and I went to 2 nearby golf courses (just driving a few buckets) 3 times these last two weeks. Had plans to go diving too but the weather turned sour. Played a ton of pool and Texas Hold'em. We (dental school buddy and some family) caught a 300 lb swordfish in November. ("I caught you a delicious bass" -Napoleon Dynamite).

We work hard, but we play hard too and this is the place to do it. Look us up during your tour (I'm in the D2 class) and I'll tell you how it is.

Don't sweat the dinero, it is an investment not an expense.

Good Luck!

i got an email from NOVA saying they've got my "course descriptions"...i dunno what that means..but they rejected me last yr already.

weird. :rolleyes:

SPBest said:
3 mid terms and a practical next week)

We have a practical next week?

Damn, I guess I should really start paying attention to schedules. Dental school has made me look only a day ahead, I cannot handle looking a week in advance!

-Mike

fruity_trident said:
i got an email from NOVA saying they've got my "course descriptions"...i dunno what that means..but they rejected me last yr already.

weird. :rolleyes:

Hey Fruity... I got that SAME email and I thought it was little STRANGE too..... :confused:

Good Luck!! :D

Yeah I got that email as well.. although I havent even sent them the secondary.

mike3kgt said:
We have a practical next week?

Damn, I guess I should really start paying attention to schedules. Dental school has made me look only a day ahead, I cannot handle looking a week in advance!

-Mike

Mike,

Wohooo! No practical next week, we'll need the time for pharm!

Nova apps,

I talked to Dr. Lippman last night 3-3-05 and he said there are still interviews and open spots. Don't be afraid to call Sue-Ann and see what your status is. Show them that you really want to be here.

Steve