Is now considered "late" to submit secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derrick rose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So school and life in general has been hectic in the last month for me and I haven't gotten around to submitting a few secondaries. In particular, I have Virginia Commonwealth, University of Virginia, New York Medical College, and Case Western sitting and collecting dust. When is generally considered late for submitting secondaries (and specifically for these schools)? Also, my LizzyM is ~72.

Members don't see this ad.

So school and life in general has been hectic in the last month for me and I haven't gotten around to submitting a few secondaries. In particular, I have Virginia Commonwealth, University of Virginia, New York Medical College, and Case Western sitting and collecting dust. When is generally considered late for submitting secondaries (and specifically for these schools)? Also, my LizzyM is ~72.

There is no solid cutoff and everyone will just give you different approximate date ranges.. It's impossible to really set up solid categories for when "late" begins and when "early" ends since it's just a continuum. The sooner the better, the later the worse. Get it in as soon as you reasonably can (without sacrificing the quality of the writing.) That's really the only solid information anyone could tell you.

Now? No, as some schools only started to send me secondaries now...

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It becomes late in September. The last half of August is about normal. Get some in in the next few days and you'll still be relatively ahead of the curve. NYMC has no essays. Submit and make sure you register for the 8/16 CASPers. VCU only has one essay, and its answering a simple ethics question.

As you can see, the average person is getting their AMCAS verified right now

Reactions: 1 users
no, just get them in promptly now.

Thanks! This is quite reassuring...especially those curves from AMCAS!