Is NYU class full?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impmail101

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the class for NYU full? If anyone knows please let me kno

Members don't see this ad.

Highly doubtful but I will ask someone in the admin dept. I did hear some professors that conducted interviews talking and they seemed like they were shooting for people with good numbers now.

They are changing many many things here so I'm not 100% if the admissions I went through last year is the same as this year. There are a few of my classmates that were accepted in April last year.

I would say at best 50% of the class is full. Bec of the cost, when people get accpeted to other schools they will drop from here so there is a lot of waitlist movement.

Traditionaly there has been a 70% melt here, meaning that 30% of applicants keep their acceptance.

When I was getting some papers signed at the deans office in Jan they said this will probably be a record year for them in terms of the # of applicants. So they might be just a tad picky this year.

So have you been waitlisted?

Just another little piece of info I learned. I was talking with a professor in the grad implant dept and NYU is going to try and change the ways the boards are done. They currently view the boards as a non-functional aspect of dentistry. The reason is bec many things you learn to do for the boards you really do not do in real life...not the procedure itself but the steps in how you do it.

They are looking to graduate more clinically orientated dentist for the real world. He said that the people that run the boards are older and stubborn, but with enough pressure from schools they will change...and NYU is begining to start the pressure.

So they are changing the curriculum to be more clinically oriented then it already is. I remember hearing in class this week that this time next year we will be seeing our first pateints :wow: I was like "oh damn"...excited and scared at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Brocnizer2007
Thank you for you response. I am trying to pm you but your mail box is full.

All cleared up!

Ask away

I sent you the PM 3 times but it says I didn't send you anything. Let me know if my reply did not get to you

Hi Brocnizer,
If you do find out some news about NYU and the # of spots left, could you please post it to the board? Thank-you in advance for your help! :) -FS