Is October too late...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is October too late to even apply to the lower end DO schools with a low MCAT (but rest of app is great)?

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro would say January is late. I'm applying now. My transcript has just been received by AACOMAS, so hopefully I'll be complete by November.

Reactions: 1 users
It depends how good your stats and ECs are. Even though Goro says it is okay to apply, but you're going to need better than average stats to get interviews at this stage. Given that many schools in January are interviewing students for wait list spots, I would not take that chance.

Lots of MD rejects are going to start applying for DO schools around this time period with good stats. Get your application in asap if you're going to apply this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
With your MCAT you should wait until next cycle to really have a shot IMHO. I mean a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes but you will be squarely behind the 8 ball if you apply now.

Thanks! I am just waiting for my AACOM app verification now.

I giggled at the squirrel analogy.

According to other posts by OP they got the equivalent of a 23 on 3 different tries...

Yeah, his chances are low. He could try BCOM (which is known to accept students with low MCAT scores,) but their class is full and has a long waitlist already.

Yeah, his chances are low. He could try BCOM (which is known to accept students with low MCAT scores,) but their class is full and has a long waitlist already.

^^^

It's too bad that they see all of your MCAT attempts :/