Is Pharmacy Right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kay51

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you know that you wanted to do Pharmacy??

Members don't see this ad.

worked in a pharmacy.

Same here. I actually thought about it before I worked in a pharmacy (my sister suggested it to me because I went through about three years of college without any idea of what I wanted to do). I started taking the pre requisite classes and voluteered in a hospital pharmacy, but I didn't like it. So I decided to finish my telecommunications degree because I was running out of money, and I wanted to get done with something after five years of college. Then, a pharmacy that I sent in an app to several months ago called, and I started working there (retail). I actually found that I really enjoyed it, and after working there for two years, I realized that I would be happy doing this for the rest of my life. That's the only way I found out that pharmacy is right for me.

1) work in a pharmacy
2) During your work, try to make yourself known to the pharmacists and ask them how they feel about the profession and what got them into it. Correlate it with yourself
3) Ask yourself if you like chem, biochem, biol, memorizing weird names or not
4) Finally, ask yourself if you will be financially able to afford pharm school