Is phi beta kappa update worthy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowys435

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waitlisted at one school and have to hear back from 2. would this help in anyway? Should I send before I hear back or would this be helpful to send in now? Is it worth it to send to the school Ive been waitlisted at?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been waitlisted at one school and have to hear back from 2. would this help in anyway? Should I send before I hear back or would this be helpful to send in now? Is it worth it to send to the school Ive been waitlisted at?

I'd think so - worst that can happen is they don't care, but PBK has some name recognition if nothing else.

I would definitely update. PBK is a big deal, very exclusive.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm a PBK and I didn't think it helped me much, but it can't hurt you lol

If nothing else, it reminds them of you among the large number of interviewees/waitlistees they have. As long as you haven't been bombarding them with other letters, it won't be an annoyance either. I'd include in the letter why you liked the school (unique-ish things) and why you'd be a good fit so they know you aren't sending a generic letter to every place you applied.

Was wondering about this too -- I have already sent in an update letter recently, so I can't write another letter at this point. Would it really be worth it to drop an email mentioning it? I figured it wouldn't really be a game changer.