Is QBANK Updated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tedebear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously, the Kaplan people will say yes to increase enrollment. However, if it is updated wouldn't it be more likely that there would be more than 2100 Questions year after year?

Consider this, it would take more effort to isolate a low yield question in the question pool to remove THEN add a new question to the test pool rather than just add a new question to the question pool. I don't buy the argument there is an upper limit to the number of questions that the interface can handle. Once a computer program is setup, new questions can be added to the data loop.

Also, if more questions were added over a 5 year span, wouldn't advertising that QBANK has 3000 questions rather than 2100 be considered more market savvy? So why remove questions if it is better in terms of marketability?

The answer is they don't remove any questions because NEW questions are not added.

Kaplan is another company that feasts on medical students. Qbank has stayed the same while new questions have been developed by the NBME testing committee. This means the quality of Qbank has gone down, yet the price of Qbank has gone up.

Thanks Kaplan! You owe us for your increased profit margin.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what it means, but the other day my available questions on qbank went from 2110 to 2115, so yes they update! The number really did go up, but I'm being sarcastic about it being a significant update.

Does anyone else have this problem...im technically done with 85% of Qbank ive done about 1800 of the 2100 questions given...but in my analysis, it says i have taken 70% of the distinct questions...makes no sense to me