is QR all word problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are 40 out of 40 all word problems? or are there supposed to be very simple questions like find x from a equation or find area of circle?

I have been practicing QR and found myself spending 2~3 min on certain types of problems so I was thinking how about I skip word problems and go straight to easier ones.

But if all of them are hard, then I guess there is no point of skipping hard ones.

what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of wondering the same thing

I was doing kaplan subject tests, which are mostly word problems since thats what they focus on, and was freaking out due to timing.

I took a pratice section and they were all word problems. Cant imagine how they could all be word problems on the real test or else it would be almost impossible to finish.

I still got alot of timing issues to resolve in math but i feel like if its a word problem and you dont know it immediately guess, mark and skip it and make sure you get the quick an easy questions. Come back if you have time, I probably wont, but then again if i can get 25 quicker questions right i will be happy. Ill take 17 and up.

No not all of them are word problems, but the amount that you get varies with each test i believe. But in any case, i think it's safe to assume that you're going to get a decent amount.

For QR, speed is what you need. You should be able to pump out simple problems quickly to give yourself enough time for the harder questions. I promise you, there will be easy questions that you need to be able to answer quickly. I think Kaplan is definitely the hardest of all the study aids when it comes to QR, but it's helpful.

If the word problem starts to become too difficult to answer and it's taking up your time to find the answer, you must skip. You don't have time and you most likely will not be able to come back to it.

Not all the word problems are hard, so don't worry about that. Set your goal on FINISHING the 40 questions and getting as many as you can, DON'T be afraid to skip the ones that take too long even if you believe that you can solve them with enough time.