Is Recovery Possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dmii

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So Im a first year at a US school trying to feel out what situation I will be in a year from now. For the first one and a half semesters (anatomy, cell bio and part of physio) I really struggled with study habits and medical school. I had a lot of trouble getting passable grades (at a decently ranked state school) and I never could get out of being stuck in the middle of that fourth quartile. Over the past couple of months, Ive gotten a lot more disciplined, and have managed to move myself up to where Im on the boarder of the first/second quartile. My question is, how much board essential material gets repeated at most schools second year. I really want to get a respectable score (240s) but Im afraid that my poor showing so far might make that impossible. If I keep up my new habits, will I be able to pick up for lost time during second year, or if I want to do well, do I need to go back and review all of the courses and minutaie I didnt fully grock the first time around? Thanks so much for advice/experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So Im a first year at a US school trying to feel out what situation I will be in a year from now. For the first one and a half semesters (anatomy, cell bio and part of physio) I really struggled with study habits and medical school. I had a lot of trouble getting passable grades (at a decently ranked state school) and I never could get out of being stuck in the middle of that fourth quartile. Over the past couple of months, Ive gotten a lot more disciplined, and have managed to move myself up to where Im on the boarder of the first/second quartile. My question is, how much board essential material gets repeated at most schools second year. I really want to get a respectable score (240s) but Im afraid that my poor showing so far might make that impossible. If I keep up my new habits, will I be able to pick up for lost time during second year, or if I want to do well, do I need to go back and review all of the courses and minutaie I didnt fully grock the first time around? Thanks so much for advice/experience.

Focus on class and worry about STEP 1 when the time comes.