Medical Is retaking course at another university bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from college already. Would it look bad to medical schools to retake a science pre-req from another university that is not my undergrad to help improve my science GPA a bit? Thank you in advance for the help!

This would get factored into my undergrad sGPA still, correct?

(got a C- the first time. hoping an A can help demonstrate improvement even though the grades would be averaged, not replaced).
If you get that course approved by your home University to make it count towards your degree requirements, then you're fine. Get approval before you take the class.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If you take the course, and it's an undergraduate course, it will count towards your undergraduate GPA. As long as the college you take the course at is a 4 year university and not a community college, and you do well in the course, it should not count against you that you are taking it at a place that is not your undergraduate institution.

I took "premed" courses at 5-6 different schools (mix of community colleges and 4-year universities). I was never questioned about this at any interview. Also, since you have already graduated, I think that it is LESS of an issue because you technically aren't at that school anymore. I think it looks "worse" if you are enrolled in a 4-year university and then take a course elsewhere (especially a community college) because they can possibly see this as trying to find an easier course.

Status
Not open for further replies.