**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Where the grass is always greener
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I keep seeing this ad: http://www.dfaaction.org/?tag=om-g-al7

Thousands of doctors supporting this Healthcare Reform? I like how the information provided regarding the Reform is obviously one-sided and so basic, it's as if they are clueless.

Makes coverage more affordable: We see patients every day who have a job but lack insurance coverage because their employer cannot afford to provide it and their wages are insufficient to pay for it. Hardworking Americans should not have to choose between basic health care and feeding, clothing and housing their family.
Expands access to care: We support subsidies for small businesses and individuals, and investments in training doctors so all Americans can access health care. You should be able to see a physician when you are sick without fear of bankrupting your family, or being denied the insurance you paid for based on pre-existing conditions or gender.
Increases quality of care: You should always be able to get quality care and prevention to live a healthy life. As physicians, we see patients every day who have insurance that does not cover the treatments they need. It should not matter what zip code you live in, how much money you make per year, whether you are old or young, or a man or a woman.
Builds a healthy health care system: Every hospital and physician’s office in America should focus on patients, not paperwork. True coordination of care means patients can focus on getting well. A large investment in prevention allows doctors and patients to focus on staying healthy. These reforms coupled with trial pilot programs to improve the broken health care system offer hope for doctors and patients.

lane

Passing gas
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
take a look at how many of the first 12 threads on the forum are related to this reform and let us know what you think

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Where the grass is always greener
Status
Resident [Any Field]
take a look at how many of the first 12 threads on the forum are related to this reform and let us know what you think
I know how the physicians on this forum feel about the reform. It was funny to me how the ad clams that thousands support it. I also found it ironic how it is paraded on SDN on the day of the vote.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I know how the physicians on this forum feel about the reform. It was funny to me how the ad clams that thousands support it. I also found it ironic how it is paraded on SDN on the day of the vote.
jsut remember some areas of medicine and other 'allied' health personnel may find it appealing. They comprise a huge portion of SDN as well....

Jeep23Guy

Texan
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It looks like the senate will undergo a face-lift this fall as well...