Is St. Barnabas in NJ considered a quality program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEME-ONC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get a little info on St. Barnabas. I am considering matching there. Since I go to St. George's, I have heard that they take a lot of IMG's from SGU.

If anyone can help that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

HEME-ONC said:
Just wanted to get a little info on St. Barnabas. I am considering matching there. Since I go to St. George's, I have heard that they take a lot of IMG's from SGU.

If anyone can help that would be great!

I hope you are not talking about this match. Because they did not interview a single person. They signed all 3 spots outside the match, and they were all from SGU. I rotated there about a year ago for 4 weeks. Its a nice private hospital with mucho $$$. The program is not bad, but it's not fantastic. There were only a few attendings who really took the time to teach, other than that it was, "intubate and then, why don't you go take a break". It really turned me off as a student. I got a fantastic letter from the place. So it served its purpose for me. Drs. Ramundo and Vallee are great to work with. They teach, quiz you, and really let you do just about everything. But they are the only bright spots. The residents were nice. They are excused everyday from the OR at 3 pm to go and read Jensen's Big Blue. Their ABA pass rate is 100% for the past few years, but its a small program, 3 a year. They give you a photo copy of 2/3 of the Baby Miller to read, and then theres a test at the end. I applied, never heard from them (either did anyone else)....but wasn't heart broken. The Garden State is not to appealing to me anyway. Like I said, they gave those 3 spots to SGU students who really wanted to be there. If you want to go there, I suggest you do the same thing they did, which is stay on them like a rat on a piece of cheese (So I heard). Just my $0.02...

J