Is STLCOP a good school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btpayne13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I really know that I want to go into pharmacy, would going to school at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy be a good choice? I like its 6-year Pharm.D. program, where you don't have to reapply to their pharmacy school (2 years pre, 4 years pharm). I like the St. Louis area and I also have family there, even though I live about 4.5 hours away. Is STLCOP a good school, and is it respected by pharmacists across America?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a great school. I would recommend touring the campus. It's really nice and located next to Washington University and St. Louis University. As for the classes, everywhere online I see people bashing the school about how hard it is, but I know a couple people that are going there now, and they love it. I'm applying in August myself :thumbup:

Edit: As for respect from other pharmacists: I have no idea but it seems logical that a pharmacy school founded in 1864 and known for its difficulty would be well respected, especially with all the schools opened in the past few years.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,
I will be a transfer student in the Fall. I will be starting atYear3 in the program. From what I know, the school has a good reputation, and the campus is not too big not too small. It' just the right size. Good luck if you do apply there--I just got my class schedule sutff through email on Friday, so I am excited to attend.

It's a great school. I would recommend touring the campus. It's really nice and located next to Washington University and St. Louis University. As for the classes, everywhere online I see people bashing the school about how hard it is, but I know a couple people that are going there now, and they love it. I'm applying in August myself :thumbup:

Edit: As for respect from other pharmacists: I have no idea but it seems logical that a pharmacy school founded in 1864 and known for its difficulty would be well respected, especially with all the schools opened in the past few years.

If I really know that I want to go into pharmacy, would going to school at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy be a good choice? I like its 6-year Pharm.D. program, where you don't have to reapply to their pharmacy school (2 years pre, 4 years pharm). I like the St. Louis area and I also have family there, even though I live about 4.5 hours away. Is STLCOP a good school, and is it respected by pharmacists across America?

For what it's worth, STLCOP is ranked as the #51 college of pharmacy in the country, according to US News and World report

This is a silly thing to ask. Only you can decide what's important to you. Asking if STLCOP or whatever school is a "good" school is like asking if a Ford is a "good" car.

Do your research here and elsewhere. PM students who attend that school. If you have specific questions come back.