Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
If I really know that I want to go into pharmacy, would going to school at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy be a good choice? I like its 6-year Pharm.D. program, where you don't have to reapply to their pharmacy school (2 years pre, 4 years pharm). I like the St. Louis area and I also have family there, even though I live about 4.5 hours away. Is STLCOP a good school, and is it respected by pharmacists across America?

Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Bump (10 chars)

austinblnd

5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
It's a great school. I would recommend touring the campus. It's really nice and located next to Washington University and St. Louis University. As for the classes, everywhere online I see people bashing the school about how hard it is, but I know a couple people that are going there now, and they love it. I'm applying in August myself :thumbup:

Edit: As for respect from other pharmacists: I have no idea but it seems logical that a pharmacy school founded in 1864 and known for its difficulty would be well respected, especially with all the schools opened in the past few years.

Last edited:

Dr.iz-n

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi there,
I will be a transfer student in the Fall. I will be starting atYear3 in the program. From what I know, the school has a good reputation, and the campus is not too big not too small. It' just the right size. Good luck if you do apply there--I just got my class schedule sutff through email on Friday, so I am excited to attend.

It's a great school. I would recommend touring the campus. It's really nice and located next to Washington University and St. Louis University. As for the classes, everywhere online I see people bashing the school about how hard it is, but I know a couple people that are going there now, and they love it. I'm applying in August myself :thumbup:

Edit: As for respect from other pharmacists: I have no idea but it seems logical that a pharmacy school founded in 1864 and known for its difficulty would be well respected, especially with all the schools opened in the past few years.

PharmEXP

Accepted Pharmacy Student
Nov 28, 2009
Tampa, FL
Status
If I really know that I want to go into pharmacy, would going to school at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy be a good choice? I like its 6-year Pharm.D. program, where you don't have to reapply to their pharmacy school (2 years pre, 4 years pharm). I like the St. Louis area and I also have family there, even though I live about 4.5 hours away. Is STLCOP a good school, and is it respected by pharmacists across America?
For what it's worth, STLCOP is ranked as the #51 college of pharmacy in the country, according to US News and World report

Monalyce

PharmD-to-be in 2013!
10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Pharmacy Student
This is a silly thing to ask. Only you can decide what's important to you. Asking if STLCOP or whatever school is a "good" school is like asking if a Ford is a "good" car.

Do your research here and elsewhere. PM students who attend that school. If you have specific questions come back.