Is taking calculus 2 recommended for optometry schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bio_student95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking it as an elective, since many applicants seems to have already taken or will be taking cal 2. Will I be using the cal 2 material in optometry school? I also made a C in cal 1, and retook the class and got an A+. That is another reason why I'm considering cal 2 to makeup for that previous C. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about taking it as an elective, since many applicants seems to have already taken or will be taking cal 2. Will I be using the cal 2 material in optometry school? I also made a C in cal 1, and retook the class and got an A+. That is another reason why I'm considering cal 2 to makeup for that previous C. Any suggestions?
From my understanding only Calculus 1 is required for most schools. If given a choice I would pick an upper level Bio class instead.

From my understanding only Calculus 1 is required for most schools. If given a choice I would pick an upper level Bio class instead.
Any suggestion on a course? I have taken: genetics, human anatomy, human physiology, immunology, biochem 1, orgo 1 &2, and research

Members don't see this ad :)
Any suggestion on a course? I have taken: genetics, human anatomy, human physiology, immunology, biochem 1, orgo 1 &2, and research
Honestly as long as you have a decent science GPA with those courses I wouldn't worry about it

Reactions: 1 user
There is no calc-level math courses in optometry school!

Reactions: 1 user