Is the DAT bio overkill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VDR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been going the Destroyer bio and it seems its a bit overkill compared to questions in cliffs, barrons and dat qvault. What do you think? which question format represents the DAT?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Bio is very representable of what you'll see on the DAT, but Ochem might be a bit overkill.

Dude, I went through the Destroyer bio section so many frickin' times (about a dozen so far) that I can tell you the answers before I even finish reading the questions, along with why all the other answer choices are wrong. Now I quiz myself twice a week by going thru them all (#1 - 377) in one sitting (takes about 1.5-2 hours).

(I'm doing something similar with GC and OC too).

Dude, I went through the Destroyer bio section so many frickin' times (about a dozen so far) that I can tell you the answers before I even finish reading the questions, along with why all the other answer choices are wrong. Now I quiz myself twice a week by going thru them all (#1 - 377) in one sitting (takes about 1.5-2 hours).

hahaha actually I'm getting there too!

Members don't see this ad :)

good reminder I have to go through it once more, I was decent at it the 2nd time around, but it would be beneficial to review once more. when are you taking the dat?

Have your practice scores from other materials improved dramatically since? example...2009 ADA, topscore?

I have a week left and wondering if i should focus on DAT bio since its my weakest area. I feel good about the other sections.
Thanks,

good reminder I have to go through it once more, I was decent at it the 2nd time around, but it would be beneficial to review once more. when are you taking the dat?

I'm taking it next month so I have a lot of time remaining but still so much to do.

Have your practice scores from other materials improved dramatically since? example...2009 ADA, topscore?

I have a week left and wondering if i should focus on DAT bio since its my weakest area. I feel good about the other sections.
Thanks,

I can't really give a good answer with 2009 ADEA and Topscore because I took these practice exams before my second time thru Destroyer.

If you feel good about the other sections, then by all means hit the bio hard, especially if you're not a bio major or don't have all A's in your bio courses. Schools will scrutinize one's bio grades if the bio score is low.

I'm taking it next month so I have a lot of time remaining but still so much to do.

I can't really give a good answer with 2009 ADEA and Topscore because I took these practice exams before my second time thru Destroyer.

If you feel good about the other sections, then by all means hit the bio hard, especially if you're not a bio major or don't have all A's in your bio courses. Schools will scrutinize one's bio grades if the bio score is low.

i feel you man, im in the same boat got a few weeks left now. hittin bio like a mothertrucka lol and I got all A's in Bio! So im gonna look foolish if I dont get at least a 18.

It is def. overkill but look at it this way, if you know that material well then the DAT should come easy. I boosted my score from ~17 avrg to 22 by using the bio section twice and then reviewing only what i missed. No sense in reviewing what you already know.... keep that in mind when your doing all those reviews. New material is always better than reviewing the same old crap.

It is def. overkill but look at it this way, if you know that material well then the DAT should come easy. I boosted my score from ~17 avrg to 22 by using the bio section twice and then reviewing only what i missed. No sense in reviewing what you already know.... keep that in mind when your doing all those reviews. New material is always better than reviewing the same old crap.

You are right. i am seen the most improvement when i write down the questions that i missed and review those. I am going to focus on bio while still reviewing the other sections to stay fresh. thanks.