Is the dat really that tough???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm having worried nerd chills.

I just took the SAMPLE DAT from ADA and got 21B/23C/30 OChem. My PAT on CPAT are around 22-23's. I dunno, it seems a bit to "easy." From the problems, I've seen asked on the dat discussions, they seem alot harder and more in depth. But how much more in depth are they as compared to the sample DAT???

I've gone through DAT destroyer twice, kaplan BB, Schaums and Cliffs. I don't want to pay 50$ for achiever as I heard its to "hard" and not representative of a real test.

Ah I dunno what to do, I'm freaking out- test date is April 9th!. What to do, what to do??? Actually I have one question: If I take the DAT, and feel like I'm not doing well- can I void it on the spot???? If I can- do i get any refund, or do I have to repay for another DAT date??? And do I have to wait 90 Days? I'm worried about the 90 days thing cuz I want to be in the first batch considered- If I fail I will have to wait til July 9th which scares me.

Anyways whats yalls opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you cannot void your test and there are no refunds offered. Also, the 5+ schools you listed to send your DAT scores will receive the scores, unless there is someway to void that through the ADA. When you do apply you have to put all DAT scores down anyway... It sounds to me that you are in pretty good shape. I think the ADA sample test is a little easier than the real test, but your GChem and Orgo look to be pretty solid. I would maybe try and review some more Bio. I was surprised by the depth of the questions in that section when I took it and thought that some questions were a lot harder than the ones from practice tests(although some were incredibly straight forward).

The key to doing well is CONFIDENCE! Do NOT go in nervous and anxious or you will blow the test. I don't think ANYONE feels like they are 100% prepared, but you should not take it if you have any major doubts about your performance in any one area. How is your QR? I found this to be the hardest section when I took the test bc of the timing. With the calculator now available, I can imagine it being a lot easier! Make sure you can knock out every type of question in under a minute.

Practice tests are great for reinforcing concepts, building confidence, and identifying your weak areas. I would recommend everyone to take at least 3 computerized practice tests...the more the better, but 3 is all you really need. If you are still feeling unsure and stressing out a week before your test, RESCHEDULE! Better to reschedule and pay the fee than to wait 90 days and have to report a bad score. Hope all of this helps. Good Luck!

I'm having worried nerd chills.

I just took the SAMPLE DAT from ADA and got 21B/23C/30 OChem. My PAT on CPAT are around 22-23's. I dunno, it seems a bit to "easy." From the problems, I've seen asked on the dat discussions, they seem alot harder and more in depth. But how much more in depth are they as compared to the sample DAT???

I've gone through DAT destroyer twice, kaplan BB, Schaums and Cliffs. I don't want to pay 50$ for achiever as I heard its to "hard" and not representative of a real test.

Ah I dunno what to do, I'm freaking out- test date is April 9th!. What to do, what to do??? Actually I have one question: If I take the DAT, and feel like I'm not doing well- can I void it on the spot???? If I can- do i get any refund, or do I have to repay for another DAT date??? And do I have to wait 90 Days? I'm worried about the 90 days thing cuz I want to be in the first batch considered- If I fail I will have to wait til July 9th which scares me.

Anyways whats yalls opinions?
ADA sample was very very easy.
It's been a while for me but if I remember correctly, I only missed 1 total out of 100 science. = 29 TS
But I didn't do that good on the real thing. Still, it was a confidence booster for me.

I always say this and I always will... "PRACTICE TEST SCORES ARE NOT AN INDICATOR OF HOW YOU'LL PERFORM ON THE REAL DEAL".... I've seen so many people get 17's and 18's on practice tests and end up with 22's and 23's on the real deal and vice versa.

From what I am reading, I think ur ready to take your test. You seem to have prepared well, and I think your ready :)

In your last 9-10 days to come. Review some biology, maybe do 20 GC and 20 OC problems on the detroyer every day. Do 1 QR test from MATH destroyer (if you have it).... Do 1 PAT test from CDP every day till test day..... At this point, all you can do is just review some minor stuff.

Good luck on ur dat... Keep us posted

If you are worried about it this much 50 bucks should not be as much of a question, in my opinion, as TopScore was the only purchase I made for the DAT and did fine. It really helped me get the timing down of the exam, which I think is one of the most important parts of this test, just getting used to it. The more practice you have, the more comfortable you will be. That is my recommendation, good luck